OUR CSR APPROACH
By 2020, BRP wants to be recognized as a worldwide sustainable powersport innovation leader.
In August 2011, we created a global structure for all of our sustainability initiatives and launched our CSR program. It is based on six pillars:
- Product Safety
- Supply Chain Management
- Role in the Community
Three-year action plans have been developed and set out concrete and measurable means to increase CSR awareness and visibility, and take tangible steps to further improve BRP’s good corporate citizenship.
HERE ARE SOME OF OUR 2020 GOALS
Reduce our energy consumption intensity and our GHG emissions intensity by 25% based on FY 2011 levels.
Achieve zero lost-time accidents in our facilities.
Ensure BRP’s donations represent 1% of the company’s earnings before tax.
Conduct stakeholder consultations for all manufacturing sites.
2017 CSR HIGHLIGHTS
- Our Querétaro facility received the State Business Merit Award in the Export Category.
- BRP’s manufacturing plants in Mexico were recognized for their family-friendly policies.
- Our Gunskirchen facility obtained its ISO 14001 certification and received the klimaaktiv award for energy efficiency.
- Our Rovaniemi and Sturtevant facilities celebrated 365 days without a lost-time accident.
- Our Valcourt facility received the “performance” recognition from the Québec government’s ICI ON RECYCLE! program for its 86.3% recycling rate.
- Our Sturtevant site received a certificate of excellence for 15 years of facility wastewater management from the Racine Wastewater Utility.
2017 CSR REPORT
Our FY 2017 CSR report is prepared according to the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Core Level and the GRI Principles for Defining Quality. You can access it here.
BRP FY 16 CSR REPORT RECOGNIZED BY THE FINANCE AND SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVE (FSI)
BRP’s FY 2016 CSR Report was recognized during the Finance Sustainability Initiative (FSI) Competition for Best Sustainability Report as a runner-up in the Consumer Products category.
Based in Montréal, the FSI is a non-profit organization that brings together finance professionals dedicated to promoting sustainable finance and responsible investment to financial institutions, companies, and universities.
The competition targets sustainability reports from Canadian companies that are part of the S&P/TSX Composite Index.